Hip No. 830, a daughter of Curlin consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, went to Bradley Thoroughbreds LLC for $670,000 to top the third session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2021 Spring Sale of Two Year Olds in Training. The bay filly, who breezed an eighth in :10 1/5 at Friday’s Under Tack session, is out of graded stakes winner Funny Proposition, by Medaglia d’Oro, a daughter of stakes winner Humorous Miss.
- Hip No. 644, a son of Flatter also consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, was sold to Lauren Carlisle, Agent & Myracehorse.com for $625,000. The chestnut colt, who breezed an eighth at Thursday’s Under Tack session in :10 1/5, is a full brother to stakes winner Search Results, recent winner of Aqueduct’s Gazelle Stakes (G3), out of graded stakes placed Co Cola, by Candy Ride (ARG), from the family of millionaire grade one stakes winning OBS graduate Mind Your Biscuits.
- Hip No. 786, a son of Pioneerof the Nile consigned by Eddie Woods, Agent, was sold to Gayle Van Leer, Agent, for $575,000. The dark bay or brown colt, whose quarter in :20 4/5 into a stiff headwind was the fastest work at the distance at Thursday’s Under Tack session, is out of Fancy Day (IRE), by Shamardal, a daughter of graded stakes winner Tizdubai, a full sister to champion Tiznow.
- Hip No. 744, a son of Curlin consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, went to Mike Ryan, Agent, for $425,000. The dark bay or brown colt, who worked an eighth in :10 2/5 on Thursday, is a half brother to Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) winner Drefong out of Eltimaas, by Ghostzapper, a half sister to Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) winner Action This Day.
- John Ballantyne / N B S Stable paid $375,000 for Hip No. 782, a daughter of Lord Nelson consigned by Randy Miles, Agent. The chestnut filly, who worked an Under Tack eighth in :10 flat on Thursday, is out of stakes placed Fairy Star (AUS), by More Than Ready, a half sister to grade one stakes placed Lizard Island.
- Hip No. 905, a daughter of Street Boss consigned by Mayberry Farm, Agent, was purchased by Martin Anthony for $360,000. The dark bay or brown filly, who worked an eighth in :10 flat on Friday, is out of Hinder, by Stroll, a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Fashion Faux Pas.
- Kaleem Shah, Inc. went to $310,000 for Hip No. 902, a son of Klimt consigned by Eisaman Equine, Agent. The chestnut colt, who breezed an eighth in :10 flat on Friday, is out of Hey Little Sister, by Jump Start, a half sister to stakes winner Smoke It Right.
- Hip No. 684, a son of Overanalyze consigned by Dynasty Thoroughbreds, was sold to Mike Ryan, Agent, for $300,000. The chestnut colt, who breezed an eighth in :10 flat on Thursday, is out of Curlamorous, by Curlin, a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Da Stoops.
- Hip No. 909, a son of Nyquist consigned by Paul Sharp, Agent, was purchased by D. J. Stable LLC for $300,000. The bay colt, who turned in an Under Tack eighth in :10 flat on Friday, is out of graded stakes placed Honey Chile, by Invisible Ink, a full sister to stakes winner Prince of Time.
- GMP Stables LLC / Anthony Melfi went to $285,000 for Hip No. 747, a son of Shackleford consigned by Omar Ramirez Bloodstock, Agent. The chestnut colt, who breezed an eighth on Thursday in :10 flat, is a full brother to stakes placed Madrugador out of Elusive Tara, by Elusive Quality, a daughter of graded stakes placed stakes winner Lenatareese.
For the day, 155 horses brought a total of $14,491,000, compared with 163 selling for a total of $11,151,000 at last year’s third session. The average price was $93,490, up 36.6% compared to $68,411 in 2020 while the median price was $50,000, compared with $40,000 a year ago. The buyback percentage was 18.8%; it was 18.5% last year.
The Spring Sale concludes Friday at 10:30 a.m. Hip No.’s 913 – 1217 will be offered for sale.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
Sales results are available on the OBS website, updated frequently during each session of the Spring Sale. In addition, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers is also available. E-mail should be addressed to email@example.com.
For more information regarding the Spring Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.